Directorate of Research, Partnerships & Linkages
Dr. Evelyn Kanus
Ag. Director Research, Partnerships & Linkages
The Directorate of Research, Partnerships, and Collaborations (RP&C) is established within the Division of Academic and Student Affairs (ASA). Activities in the Directorate are coordinated by a Director who is answerable to the Deputy Principal (Academic and Student Affairs). The Directorate is guided by a vision and mission as presented below:
To be a pinnacle of holistic research culture and sustainable community development.
To contribute to society through the pursuit of quality University education, training, and Research that nurtures creativity and innovation.
The mandate of the Directorate
The Directorate is charged with the responsibility of administering the research policy, coordinating research proposal reviews, identifying and circulating sources of research funding opportunities, and bringing the same to the attention of researchers. Further, the Directorate ensures that researchers are nurtured and motivated through the provisions of expert guidance in research proposal development. The Directorate also compiles a database of the University College's research publications and mobilizes researchers from various academic disciplines to write proposals in response to calls for proposals made by various grant organizations. Another major activity undertaken by the directorate is the formation of partnerships and collaborations with various governmental and non-governmental bodies for the mutual benefit of the parties involved.
Objectives of the Directorate
The Directorate of Research, Partnerships, and collaborations is guided by the following objectives:
- To develop and sustain a research and publication culture in the institution.
- To expand the research capacity of the institution across all disciplines.
- To provide a framework of supporting and empowering staff to manage, conduct and disseminate research findings.
- To enhance the profile of TUC through quality publications, research citations, and awards.
- To provide a structure and framework for continual improvement of research and collaborations.
- Integrity and Academic freedom.